Automated External Defibrillator (AED):
- Waiting for the arrival of emergency first responders results only in 5-7% survival
- The likelihood of successful resuscitation decreases by about 10% with every minute that passes.
- Studies with immediate defibrillation have shown up to 60% survival one year after sudden cardiac arrest
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is a medical device designed to analyze the heart rhythm
- An AED will deliver a shock to victims of ventricular fibrillation to restore the heart rhythm to normal
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED) are an important lifesaving technology
Why have an AED in the workplace:
- Workers may suffer sudden cardiac arrest while on the job
- Onsite AED’s save treatment time, and can improve odds of survival
- A heart rhythm in ventricular fibrillation may only be restored to normal by an electric shock
- The AED is compact, lightweight, portable, battery operated, safe, and easy to use.
SOS can offer pricing on ZOLL AED’s, Cardiac Science AED’s and the Philips AED’s – call to inquire
The ZOLL® AED Plus® is the only AED that can actually see when you are doing CPR and help you do it well.
Through our Philips partner, First Edition First Aid Training we can make the Philips OnSite AED available. Great for the ordinary person in the extraordinary moment.
First Aid Supplies
First Aid Training
12191 Hammersmith Way
V7A 5H2, Canada
Toll Free: 1-800-709-0906