Tourniquet – As of 2018, the Windlass-Style Tourniquet & Zap / Fracture Straps (set 2) are required by WorkSafeBC for all Level 1 and Level 2 occupational first aid kits.
Lightweight and Compact
1. Easily put one or more to home emergency kits, cars, backpacks, motorcycles, range bag, construction belt or take along for immediate use.
2. Easy Simple Design – One handed design for self-use. Adding the second tourniquet is to stop arterial bleeding.
3. Windlass can quickly adjust pressure in case bleeding restarts.
4. Time Stamp – Write down time of usage to identify time limits and prevent potential blood bleeding.
5. Cold Resistant Technology – After countless tests, we’ve designed a composite buckle that resists breaking and cracking in extremely cold weather.
Instruction for Use
1. Apply tourniquet proximal to the bleeding site and place the wounded limb through the band loop.
2. Pull the band tight and fasten it back on itself.
3. Adhere the band around the bleeding stops.
4. Twist the rod until bright red bleeding stops.
5. Place the rod inside the clip and lock.
6. Check bleeding condition, apply additional tightening next to the tourniquet and reassess if massive bleeding continues.
7. Adhere band over the rod inside the clip around the limb.
8. Secure the rod and band with the strap, transport, reassess, record applied time on white strap if possible.