Here comes the season for colds and flu. Most illness can be prevented. Here are some simple things you can do to prevent illness in the workplace or at school.
1. Wash hands often. The CDC says to wash your hands with warm soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing Happy Birthday…2x
2. If you come in contact with anyone that is sick, try to avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose. Germs can get into your easily through these passageway.
3. Help others. If you are sick, call in sick. If you sneeze or cough, cover your sneeze with your elbow and not in your hand. Wash your hands anyway.
4. Disinfect with a disinfectant wipe. Research from the University of Arizona found that phones, desks, fountain handles, microwaves, and computer keyboards contain large amount of germs. Use caution wiping down electronics as they are sensitive to moisture. We carry Accel TB in spray and wipes form.
5. Use hand sanitizer! The CDC says to use alcohol based hand sanitizer. We carry Purell for dispensing machines and/or Isagel in personal size, desktop or 4L jugs.